Sunday, October 7, 2007

New releases for the week of October 9


I think it’s time I made some comments on my releases lists.

First of all, my list is by no means comprehensive although I do my best to include every book that is to be released for that particular week. Even checking a variety of sources, I am bound to miss a few books here and there. I also do not always include miscellaneous books based on television, anime, or comics, though I will include them on occasion.

Secondly, the vast majority of books on the list will be those being released in the United States. Frankly, this is not normally an issue since most publishers often print books overseas near the same time as they do here. On occasion this is not true. A good example being The First Law books by Joe Abercrombie the first of which was published last year in the UK and only just released in the US. In these instances, I will include them on the list under the appropriate heading.

(Amazon, Barnes & Noble)

Linden Avery, who loved Thomas Covenant and watched him die, has returned to the Land in search of her kidnapped son, Jeremiah. As Fatal Revenant begins, Linden watches from the battlements of Revelstone when the impossible happens-riding ahead of the hordes attacking Revelstone are Jeremiah and Covenant himself, apparently very much alive.

Hardcover:
Angel Isle, Peter Dickinson
(Amazon, Barnes & Noble)

1634: The Bavarian Crisis, Flint and Virginia DeMarce
(Amazon, Barnes & Noble)

The Facts in the Case of the Departure of Miss Finch, Neil Gaiman, Michael Zulli
(Amazon, Barnes & Noble)

Halting State, Charles Stross
(Amazon, Barnes & Noble)

The Merchants' War, Charles Stross
(Amazon, Barnes & Noble)


Paperback:
Stealing Light, Gary Gibson
(Amazon, Barnes & Noble)

Lord of the Fading Lands, C. L. Wilson
(Amazon, Barnes & Noble)



No comments: